This epic tour is full of incredible highlights as you visit iconic cities, explore the awesome Grand Canyon and drive along Route 66.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights fromLondon Heathrowwith Virgin Atlantic
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 14nights in hotels of a greatstandard plus 1 night in flight
- 16 meals:14breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- Specialist Local Guides
- Welcome & farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Los Angeles
- Fly to Los Angeles today, where you'll stay for two nights. Join your travelling companions for an included drink this evening.
- Day 2 Los Angeles
- We'll get to know Los Angeles today on an included morning sightseeing tour of this sprawling city. Highlights include Hollywood, where we'll see the TCL Chinese Theatre, whose courtyard features the hand and footprints of more than 200 stars of stage and screen. This afternoon we offer an optional excursion to Warner Bros Studios. On a behind-the-scenes tour you'll discover the secrets of Hollywood past and present and see how hit TV shows are made.
- Day 3 San Diego
- This morning we'll visit the chic coastal resort of Santa Monica, where you can take a stroll along the 100-year-old pier, a landmark which is lined with attractions including its famous Ferris wheel. We then continue to San Diego. After free time for lunch here, we include a tour of this delightful Spanish-influenced city.
- Day 4 San Diego
- Explore San Diego your own way today, or perhaps choose to join an optional cruise around San Diego Bay. As you sail on the calm waters, sit back and take in the views as you pass by Seaport Village, the seaside community of Point Loma and many other scenic attractions.
- Day 5 Prescott
- We're heading to Prescott today on a drive which takes us through a spectacular desert landscape. We'll cross the border into the state of Arizona and an area known as the 'Valley of the Sun', thanks to its many days of sunshine and absence of rainfall for much of the year.
On arrival in the town of Prescott, why not join our optional dinner, which is a traditional western experience not to be missed.
- Day 6 Christmas Eve, Prescott
- It's Christmas Eve, and today is the day you'll visit one of the world's most iconic natural wonders, the Grand Canyon, which is sure to be a highlight of your holiday. This 14-mile-wide gorge is a spectacular sight however viewed, but nothing quite compares to taking in its magnificence from the air. You can do that today if you choose to take an optional flight – a truly unforgettable experience.
- Day 7 Christmas Day, Las Vegas
- Christmas day begins with a drive on part of the legendary Route 66, as we journey westwards to Las Vegas. On the way we're going to pass the mighty Hoover Dam, a feat of 20th century construction which towers above the Colorado River. Built in 1935, this is still one of the country's largest power plants and is a spectacular sight.
On arrival in Las Vegas, we'll enjoy Christmas lunch together.
- Day 8 Boxing Day, Las Vegas
- Today is free for you to explore Las Vegas at leisure. Take a stroll up and down the Strip and dip into the hotels that line it from the dancing fountains outside the Bellagio to the gondolas that traverse the 'Grand Canal' at the Venetian, there is so much to see and do. Be sure to step inside as many as you can – you'll discover everything from shopping malls and casinos to rollercoaster rides and even an aquarium.
This evening why not join an optional excursion which gives you the chance to enjoy one of the famous Cirque du Soleil shows, with dinner included.
- Day 9 Las Vegas
- Enjoy another day at leisure in Las Vegas. If you want to see this dazzling neon-lit wonderland in all its glory you can join an optional tour tonight.
- Day 10 Selma
- We're going to drive back into California today, where we'll stay overnight in Selma. Our journey will take us through the Mojave Desert, an arid landscape that is dotted with Joshua trees. These spiky evergreens grow nowhere else in the world, and are striking to see.
- Day 11 Yosemite National Park
- Yosemite National Park is best known for its abundance of waterfalls but during your full day here you'll see so much spectacular scenery, from deep valleys and dramatic mountain peaks to ancient sequoias and towering granite monoliths. We'll stay overnight in Mariposa before heading to San Francisco for a three-night stay.
- Day 12 San Francisco
- En route to San Francisco, we'll stop at the pretty, waterfront community of Sausalito. With a great selection of restaurants, you'll be spoilt for choice if you want a spot of lunch.
We'll then cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge for an afternoon sightseeing tour of beautiful 'city by the bay' San Francisco.
- Day 13 New Year's Eve, San Francisco
- We've left today free so you can explore at leisure. You could take a stroll to Chinatown, where Grant Avenue is the city's oldest street, or maybe take a ride in one of the famous cable cars.
We also offer a full range of optional excursions if you'd like to see more. You can take a thrilling helicopter ride over and under the Golden Gate Bridge, or join an 'Escape from the Rock' cruise, which takes us past the former island prison Alcatraz.
This evening we'll enjoy dinner together at Fisherman's Wharf and celebrate the New Year in style.
- Day 14 New Year's Day, San Francisco
- You're free to spend New Year's Day doing just as you please. Perhaps head back to Fisherman's Wharf with your travelling companions to see the sea lions at Pier 39. You could also try a bowl of the city's famous clam chowder, which is served steaming hot in a sourdough bread bowl.
- Days 15 & 16 San Francisco to UK
- We'll transfer you to the airport in San Francisco on day 15 for your return flight back to the UK, arriving on day 16.