Explore Montreal, Quebec City, the Laurentian Mountains, and marvel at the iconic Niagara Falls. Discover the Rocky Mountains – dramatic peaks, jade-green lakes and pine forests, as well as exploring the beautiful city of Vancouver on this grand Canadian tour from East to West.
Just You Tour Manager as your host
Return Flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
Use of anairport lounge in the UK
19nights in hotels of a great standard plus 1 night in flight
23meals:19 breakfasts,2 lunch,2 dinners
Local Flavours : Sugar shack lunch & melting maple taffy
Enjoy gourmet treats at Granville Islands Market
Welcome dinner & drink, and farewell drink
Overseas transfers & other transportation
Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK – Montreal
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Montreal, and on arrival we'll transfer to our hotel.
- Day 2 Montreal
- Today we'll get to know Montreal on a tour of the city's main highlights. We'll discover the historic old port area, where the first colonists would have arrived on the shores of the St Lawrence River in 1642. Then we'll head to the magnificent Notre Dame Basilica, which is a masterpiece of Gothic Revival architecture. Inside we'll discover a striking interior filled with hundreds of intricate wooden carvings, beautiful stained glass windows and colourful vaults decorated with golden stars. We'll also see the immense Olympic Stadium, which was the main venue for the 1976 Olympic Games.
After your tour, enjoy free time to explore the old port area further in the company of your travelling companions. Or maybe head to the 'Underground City', an extensive pedestrian network of offices, shops, hotels, restaurants and more which offers Montrealers protection from the long, cold winters. After a welcome drink, well head to a local restaurant for a welcome dinner of French-Canadian cuisine.
- Day 3 Montreal – Quebec City
- We arrive in Quebec City today, a 400-year-old fortified city with an intact fortress – La Citadelle – at its heart. As we head out to explore we'll discover many historic highlights, with the fairy-tale Chteau Frontenac hotel dominating the skyline. On a stroll we'll see the grand City Hall, the Military Drill Hall, the Latin Quarter, Old Quebec and the Plains of Abraham. This was the scene of the decisive battle in 1759 between the French and the English for the control of Canada. This afternoon is free, so why not explore further at your own pace.
- Day 4 Quebec City
- The choice is all yours today you can further explore the cobbled streets of Quebec City at your leisure, or you can take an optional trip to Baie-Sainte-Catherine. Located at the junction of the St Lawrence River and the Saquenay Fjord, this is a hot spot for whale-watching. The journey itself offers fantastic river views, and the chance to see whales in their natural habitat is something you'll never forget.
- Day 5 Quebec City – Laurentian Mountains
- We'll revel in the beauty of the Laurentian Mountains today, as we make our way to the resort town of Mont Tremblant, on the shores of Lake Tremblant. En route we're going to make a stop at an authentic Quebecois Sugar Shack for lunch. Originally used for the production of maple syrup, what we'll enjoy here today is traditional Quebec cuisine.
On arrival in Tremblant, you'll have free time to explore you'll find a huge choice of shops and restaurants, or maybe you'll choose to ride a gondola to the top of the highest peak in the Laurentians for amazing views.
- Day 6 Laurentian Mountains – Ottawa
- We journey into the province of Ontario today and on to Ottawa, where we stay tonight. On arrival we'll head off on a walking tour of Canada's modern-day capital city. Highlights include Confederation Square and the grounds of Parliament Hill, home of Canada's government. We'll also stroll along the pedestrian mall Sparks Street, and see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which sits in front of the National War Museum. By lunchtime we'll be in the historic ByWard Market, home to many pubs, cafes and restaurants, so why not stop for refreshments with your travelling companions. You can then explore further at your own pace, and we highly recommend a visit to Rideau Hall, the official residence and workplace of Canadas Governor General, to view the changing of the guards – which takes place each hour.
- Day 7 Ottawa – Toronto
- En route to Toronto today we'll pause in Rockport, a tiny town situated on the banks of the mighty St Lawrence River and gateway to the beautiful 1000 Islands. We'll board a boat here for a cruise through the heart of the islands to discover a lush landscape dotted with luxurious cottages, vast estates and fairy-tale castles.
As you soak up the tranquil atmosphere it's hard to imagine the area's colourful history, when it was blighted by significant skirmishes between the US and British-controlled Canada during the War of 1812.
As we sail, look out for Boldt Castle, built by the owner of New York's Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in 1900 for his wife, who sadly died before it was completed. Another interesting sight is Zavikon Island, which has what is considered the shortest international bridge in the world. At just 32 feet long, it connects this Canadian island, on which there is a house, to a smaller US island, which is used as a garden. After our cruise we'll continue to Toronto.
- Day 8 Toronto
- Canada's largest city is going to be a delight to explore on your morning tour. This sprawling multi-cultural metropolis offers so much. There are landmarks including the Parliament building, City Hall and the Roger's Centre Stadium, which is home to the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team. Then you've got beautiful beaches on Lake Ontario's shores, a zoo and the largest aquarium in the country.
With a free afternoon, see how many you can fit in!
For spectacular panoramic views, a trip to the top of the CN Tower in one of the glass-fronted lifts is highly recommended. You could also spend time strolling through the Old Town, with its great markets.
- Day 9 Niagara Falls
- Today is the day you get to experience one of Canada's most iconic natural wonders, the awesome Niagara Falls. Consisting of three waterfalls – Horseshoe Falls, American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls – they are a breathtaking sight, and how you view them is up to you. The thrill of flying overhead on an optional helicopter ride is hard to beat. Another option is a cruise on the Niagara River, which will get you really close to the thundering waters.
- Day 10 Niagara Falls – Calgary
- We'll spend more time at Niagara Falls this morning to see even more of this amazing natural wonder. Later, we'll transfer to the airport for our flight to Calgary.
- Day 11 Calgary – Banff
- Today you'll transfer to Banff for a sightseeing tour of Banff National Park. In Banff National Park's huge pine forests, black and grizzly bears still roam free and the area is home to spectacular sights such as wondrous snow-capped peaks, crystal-clear lakes, sparkling streams and rugged canyons with crashing waterfalls. Our tour today includes visits to the Hoodoos, Surprise Corner and Bow Falls, and you might opt to take a ride on the Banff Gondola. This evening we'll get together for dinner.
- Day 12 Lake Louise
- Lake Louise a glacial jade-green lake high in the mountains, surrounded on all sides by towering peaks is often described as the most beautiful place in Canada. Our included excursion to the lake today gives you the chance to see if you agree.
- Day 13 Banff – Jasper
- The Banff-Jasper Highway reaches almost 7,000ft above sea level at points and is flanked by great mountain ranges soaring to more than 11,000ft. As we head along this magnificent highway to Jasper, a stop at the Great Columbia Icefield provides an opportunity to take an Ice Explorer ride across the Athabasca Glacier.
- Day 14 Jasper
- The former railroad town of Jasper is now home to the breathtakingly beautiful Jasper National Park. On this morning's tour we'll view the turquoise waters of Maligne Lake, set in a canyon and ringed by snow- and ice-capped mountains.
During free time this afternoon you could choose to take an optional river raft ride, and in the evening there's the chance to take a walk on the wild side with an optional nature walk.
- Day 15 Sun Peaks
- Our journey to Sun Peaks in British Columbia takes us over Yellow Head Pass, past Mount Robson the highest peak in the Rockies and along the Trans-Canada Highway. The scenery may be spectacular but the highlight of your day is sure to be our stop at Blue River for an exciting Rockies river safari. This once-in-a-lifetime cruise will take you through Grizzly Bear Valley on the lookout for an array of wildlife including moose, eagles, ospreys and, of course, grizzly bears.
- Day 16 Vancouver
- We continue our scenic journey through the Rockies today, towards the Pacific Ocean and the coastal city of Vancouver.
- Day 17 Vancouver
- Boasting one of the most beautiful settings in the world, Vancouver is surrounded by mountains, forests and delightful islands. On our sightseeing tour we'll take in Chinatown, Gas Town, the remarkable 1,000-acre Stanley Park with its famous totem poles and the magnificent harbour.
Granville Island is a huge draw for locals and tourists alike, thanks to its theatres, restaurants and shops. The highlight for most is the indoor public market with stalls selling gourmet delicacies, baked goods and seafood. We have organised a light lunch of sweet and savoury samples to tantalize your tastebuds.
- Day 18 Vancouver – at leisure
- Victoria on Vancouver Island can be reached by ferry, and if you choose to join an optional excursion, thats how well reach the capital of British Columbia. On our city tour youll be able to admire the architecture here and see how its British Victorian heritage is perfectly preserved. More highlights include the marvellous Butchart Gardens 50 acres of spectacular floral displays and emerald-coloured lawns. Well also visit the Parliament Building and the
classic Empress Hotel, sitting next to Victorias sparkling harbour.
- Day 19 Vancouver – at leisure
- Vancouvers North Shore, featuring the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain, is well worth a visit and you can do so on an optional excursion if you wish. A farewell drink with your fellow travellers this evening will bring y our tour to a perfect end
- Days 20 & 21 Vancouver to UK
- You'll fly back to the UK on day 20, arriving in the UK on day 21.