Relax amidst splendid historic surroundings on this Christmas break in the enchanting Austrian Lake District, with a horse-drawn carriageride one magical highlight.
- Return directflights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 4 nightsin a 4-star hotel
- 9 meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 Christmas Day lunch, 4 dinners and a welcome drink
- All highlights included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and SpecialistLocal Guide
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK Mondsee
- Depart on your flight to Munich today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your elegant hotel, which is close to theshores of Lake Mondsee. The festivities start straight away as you are welcomed with a glass of mulled wine accompaniedby cookies.
Spend the rest of the day at leisure beforedinner is served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Salzburg & Christmas Markets
- Today you'll visit 'The Sound of Music' city of Salzburg. Thecentre has hardly changed since the times of the famous Austrian composer Mozart, who was born here.
On a guided walking tour discover Baroque domed churches, merchant houses, hidden arcaded courtyards and the magnificent Hohensalzburg Fortress, which dominates the city. We'll also take a stroll through Mozart Square and see the charming Mirabell Gardens.
Next we'll head to thetraditional Christmas market in the Kapitelplatz, located next to the splendid cathedral. Perhaps enjoy a mulled wine or two as you browse the festive stalls and shop for last-minute gifts.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Mondsee
- It's Christmas Day, so relax and enjoy a leisurely morning at the hotelbefore sitting down to a traditional Christmas lunch with all the trimmings.
Later, the festivecelebrations continue with an evening of livemusic.
- Day 4 Boxing Day St Wolfgang & St Gilgen
- This morning you'll visit three lakeside villages, with your first stop St Wolfgang, home to the legendary White Horse Inn. This picturesque village sits on the north shore of the Wolfgangsee, at the foot of the Schafberg Mountain. A festive market will still be in full swing and rustic stalls adorned with candles, torches and warming braziers line the narrow streets down to thelake's shore. You'll also enjoya real festive treat today, a romantic horse-drawn carriageride.
You'll continue to the village of St Gilgen to experience the WolfgangseeChristmas market, and yourday finishes back in Salzburg, where a further highlightisan atmospheric Christmas concert.
You'll return to the hotel in time for dinner this evening.
- Day 5 Mondsee UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for yourflight back to the UK.