A snowy Niagara Falls and a mountain lodge resort add a touch of adventure to this wonderful winter break.
- Return flights from Gatwick with Air Transat
- 6 nightsin great quality hotelsplus 1 night in flight
- 1 meal : 1 lunch and welcome drink
- Local Flavours : Lunch at the top of Toronto’s CN Tower
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Day 1 UK – Niagara Falls
- Depart on your flight to Toronto today. On arrival we'll transfer you to Niagara Falls for a two-night stay. This evening you'll be able to see the falls lit up at night and depending on your date of travel, you could admire the Winter Festival of Lights. It runs from November to the end of January, and during this time colourful lights and animated displays decorate the area close to the falls.
- Day 2 Niagara Falls
- Today is the day that you will get to see the majestic Niagara Falls up close. This is a spectacular sight at any time but winter adds a touch of magic. Spray from the falls blankets nearby trees and lamp posts and then freezes to create a glittering world of ice. Enjoy time to explore this natural wonder at leisure. You could go on a thrilling 'Journey Behind the Falls', or take an optional helicopter ride for a spectacular view from the air. You can soak up more beauty on this afternoon's visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake, known as one of the 'loveliest towns in Canada'. The area is also known for its wines, in particular icewine, made from grapes that have frozen naturally on the vine. We'll clink glasses as we enjoy a tasting after a tour of a lakefront winery.
- Day 3 Niagara Falls – Toronto
- Our sights are set on Toronto today, where more spectacular sights await. We arrive in time for lunch, and our tables are reserved in the revolving restaurant atop the CN tower no less! Enjoy a dish with a local Influence such as smoked Ontario Chicken as you take in the spectacular views of the city! Once you've seen the city from above, you'll be longing to explore, and our sightseeing tour gives you the chance to do just that. You'll see the Parliament building, City Hall and the Rogers Centre home of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team.
- Day 4 Toronto – at leisure
- Toronto is a city that's well prepared for wintry conditions, with a network of underground walkways linking the downtown shopping and entertainment districts. That means you won't feel the cold as you explore independently today. St Lawrence Market is one of the best food markets in the world, or maybe head to the Distillery District. It's packed with galleries, boutiques and restaurants. Tonight, if the fixtures are in your favour, you might opt to see the Toronto Marlies in action the city's ice hockey team plays at the Ricoh Coliseum.
- Day 5 Toronto – Blue Mountain
- Two days of fun winter activities lay ahead as we travel to the resort of Blue Mountain today. A popular holiday destination amongst Canadian's from Toronto and Southern Ontario, the resort has recently celebrated its 75th winter season and there are plenty of activities to enjoy if you wish. After settling in you could take a ride on the Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster. You'll be in control of the experience, so it's up to you whether you glide along enjoying the scenery or speed down the track on a thrilling journey. If something a little more relaxing is more to your liking, why not take in the views with a drink in hand. There are plenty of options to choose from, be it a coffee shop or juice bar, brewery, wine bar or Irish pub.
- Day 6 Blue Mountain
- A brilliant way to enjoy the wintry landscape is on a snowshoe tour, and that's what you'll do on your included excursion this morning. In the company of an expert Local Guide you'll set off on a trail through this winter wonderland, learning more about the area and taking in spectacular views. Afterwards, you could put your feet up and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, maybe even visit a spa. Alternatively take a look around some of the village shops, you'll find everything from winter sportswear, crafts and clothing boutiques to a chocolate shop and gallery selling Canadian fine art. You could try skating at the resort's newest attraction, a 1.1km ice skating loop located at the top of the mountain, with extraordinary views along the Niagara Escarpment.
- Day 7 Blue Mountain – UK
- On our way back to Toronto today choose shopping at the Vaughan Mills mall, or take a walk and view a collection of Canadian Art at a nearby outdoor gallery. Later we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back home.
- Day 8 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.