Have yourself a fairy-tale Christmas on this festive Rhine river cruise that includes castles, medieval towns and enchanting Christmas markets.
- Standard-class return rail travel by Eurostar from St Pancras International or or Ebbsfleet to Brussels, then by Thalys high speed train to Cologne
- 2 nights in a 4-star hotel and 4 nights onboard 4-star ship A-ROSA AQUA
- 14 meals: 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 5 dinners including all drinks on board (excluding Champagne and some selected drinks) and welcome reception and canapes
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Cruise Representative
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage at your hotel and ship
- Day 1 UK Cologne
- Today you'll make your own way to St Pancras or Ebbsfleet International to board theEurostar forBrussels. From here you'll travel by Thalys high speed railto Cologne, whereyou'll be transferred to yourhotel. Inthe evening, you'll enjoy dinner and meet your fellow travellers.
- Day 2 Cologne
- Cologne is a lively city with plenty of history and interesting architecture. You'll be taken on a full-day guided tour to see landmarks including the famous gothic cathedral with its twin spires. Have a wander around the Christmas markets, where you candrink mulled wine and soak up the festive atmosphere.
- Day 3 Cologne – at Leisure
- There will be some free time this morning so why not explore more of Cologne, perhaps visiting one of the city's many excellent museums or browsing the shops.In the afternoon, you'll be transferred to yourship, the A-ROSAAQUA.
- Day 4 Cologne Heidelberg Mannheim
- Today you leave Cologne behind and set sail down the Rhine.The ship passesthrough one of the most scenic sections of the Rhine, full of hilltop castles, vineyards and picturesque towns with half-timbered houses. You'll stop in Heidelberg, where you'll step ashore and explore thehistorictown. TheChristmas markets will be in full swing, so take time to browse the stalls, soak up the magical atmosphere and admire the enchanting trees adorned with twinkling lights. Later,there will be plenty of time to relax and take in the scenery from the comfort of the ship before arriving in Mannheim.
- Day 5 Strasbourg
- After sailing through the night to France, the ship will arrive in Strasbourg mid-morning. Strasbourg is a vibrant city where old meets new. On our excursion, you'll strollthe cobbled streets of the Old Town and see the gothic cathedral. You'll have the chance to visitthe Christmas market, which is one of the oldest in Europe. There will befree time to explore the city's more modern side too perhaps visiting a museum or the shops, before heading back to the ship.
- Day 6 Mainz
- Today we travel back to Germany to the Rhineland town of Mainz. This medieval town boasts a magnificent12th century cathedral with original stained glass which we will visit on our walking tour of historic Mainz. We will also see the old university and the Holy Spirit Hospital. You may choose to treat yourself toa glass of local wine in a typical Altstadt tavern this is Germany's largest wine-growing region, after all! In the evening, you'll join other guests for a farewell dinner before the ship sets sail for Cologne.
- Day 7 Cologne UK
- You'll wake up in Cologneand after breakfast, be transferred to the station for your train journeyback to the UK via Brussels.