Join the jet set on this idyllic Mediterranean island, wheremillionaires’ yachts and designerboutiques are the norm.
- Return flights fromGatwick with easyJet
- 7 nights half-board in a 4-star hotel
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK/Olbia
- You'll depart on your scheduled flight to Olbia today. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your 4-star hotel, which is located on the beautiful Costa Smeralda, on Sardinia's north-east coast. There's a choice of restaurants and bars here, as well as a private beach. Once you've settled in to your room, perhaps enjoy a stroll or a drink before dinner.
- Day 2 Costa Smeralda
You're going to get to know the Costa Smeralda, or Emerald Coast, on today's tour. Owned by the Aga Khan, this is one of the most exclusive stretches of coastline in the world. As we head off to explore we'll discover beautiful white-sand beaches, idyllic remote bays and sublime hotels. It's no wonder this glamorous destination is a magnet for the rich and famous. Enjoy some time to yourself with a stroll around Porto Cervo's pretty marina, where there's sure to be plenty of elegant yachts moored. The Piazzetta is another great place to head. It's lined with designer boutiques, cafs, bars and restaurants, so maybe sit with a refreshing drink and indulge in a spot of people-watching.
- Day 3 Olbia
Today we'll head to the pretty town of Olbia, whose historic port has been in use since pre-Roman times. You can choose to head to Corso Umberto, a lively shop-lined street, or perhaps visit Olbia's archaeological museum. At the start of the 21st century, 24 Roman and medieval ships were found in the town, and some are on display here. Other interesting exhibits include a bronze boat from the Nuraghic era, a sculpture of Hercules which was plucked from the sea and Roman decorated glassware. After returning to the hotel, the rest of the day is free for you to spend at leisure.
- Day 4 La Maddalena
- Today's optional excursion gives you the chance to see Sardinia's pretty bays and glorious beaches from the water on a relaxing cruise. You'll discover La Maddalena, an archipelago of rocky islands surrounded by inviting crystal-clear waters, and the main island, also called La Maddalena. Soak up the sun and maybe enjoy a swim before you tuck into an included lunch on this scenic day out. Alternatively, you could join a snorkelling excursion and get up close to the marine life that lives in the waters around the island.
- Day 5 Nuraghi
- A free day gives you more time to enjoy the facilities at your hotel or relax on the beach. As an alternative, your Tour Manager will host an optional excursion to the archaeological site of Nuraghi La Prisgiona. There's a whole village of about 100 stone-built megalithic structures to explore here, after which we'll head to a winery where we'll taste a selection of wines.
- Day 6 San Pantaleo
- Today we are going to visit the artists' village of San Pantaleo, one of the prettiest on the island and a joy to explore. It's set around a picturesque piazza where you can browse artisan shops and craft stalls, and watch local artists at work.
- Day 7 Corsica
You might choose to spend a lazy day on the beach your hotel's very own private cove is just a short walk away. If you'd like to join an optional excursion today's destination is the neighbouring island of Corsica. Lying off the coast of the South of France, its many attractive resorts boast gorgeous beaches and spectacular scenery. Our journey begins by road as we head through Northern Sardinia's shrubland to the town of Santa Teresa di Gallura, overlooking the narrow strait separating the islands. On arrival here we'll board the ferry for the crossing to Bonifacio, which is perched dramatically on Corsica's cliff tops.
A great way to start your discoveries is with a stroll around the natural harbour here. Set against a backdrop of sheer cliffs and overlooked by a 9th century citadel, you might choose to walk up to its ancient walls for stunning views. Alternatively, head to the Old Town where a maze of narrow streets and intriguing alleyways are home to medieval houses. After your walk, why not stop for a rest at a harbour-side caf, where you can soak up the sun and the views.
- Day 8 Olbia/UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport in Olbia for your flight back to the UK.