Head to North Africa and the Moroccan gem of Marrakech, to explore bustling souks, stunning mountain landscapes and a charming seaside town on thisunforgettable tour.
- Return flights fromGatwickwith British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 17 meals: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches,6 dinners and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and SpecialistLocal Guide
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Day 1 UK Marrakech
- Today you'll fly to Marrakech,one of Morocco's most vibrant cities.On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel and after time to settle in, you'll meet your travelling companions over a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Marrakech
- We'll get to know Marrakech todayduring oursightseeing tour, starting at the 19th century Bahia Palace. Located in the medina and set over two acres, it boasts 150 rooms including a harem section, as well as colourfully tiled courtyards and gardens. Other highlights of our tourinclude a visit to theSaadien Tombs. The resting place of the former royal dynasty of Morocco was lost for many years, and resdiscovered by archaeologists in 1917. Our final call this morning is at the Dar Si Said Museum, housed inside an opulent palace and home to the Museum of Moroccan Art.
This afternoon you can choose to return to the hotel for an afternoon at leisure or ifyou wish join us for anafternoon tour ofDjemaa El Fna Square. Here we'll wander the labyrinth of lively souks where snake charmers, fortune-tellers and acrobats put on an amazing show for the thronging crowds. Why not try out your bartering skills atstalls selling everything from traditional carpets and hand-crafted pottery to leatherwear and aromatic spices.
- Day 3 Atlas Mountains
- We'll head to the foothills of the Atlas Mountains today.As we travelthroughthe heart of Berber country, we'll pass the picturesque village of Tahanaout, whose red-hued buildings blendin perfectly with its mountainside location.
We'll enjoy lovely views during lunch at La Roseraie, an authentic Moroccan retreat surounded by the Atlas Mountains and lush forests and olive groves. There's an outdoor swimming pool and lovely garden here, and if the weather is on our side, you'll have time toenjoy them before we head back to the hotel.
- Day 4 Marrakech
- If you enjoy cooking, or are keen to pick up tips, you'll love today's included excursion. We're going to head to a nearby restaurant where we'll take part in a cookery lesson. We'll learn howto make some Moroccan specialities and then we'll sample what we've created.
We will alsovisit the Majorelle Garden, an oasis of exotic flora in the heart of Marrakech.
- Day 5 Ourika Valley
- Our day beginswith a tour of the beautiful Ourika Valley. Nestling in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, this picturesque destination isa feast for the eyes with Berber hamlets scattered amidst a landscape of lush olive groves, towering palms and meandering rivers.
We'll stop our sightseeing for lunch inLa Kasbah de l'Ourika, which boasts a hilltop position and offers stunning views of the valley and the mountains.
We'll arrive back at the hotel in time fordinner.
- Day 6 Essaouria
- After breakfast we're going to head to the charming walled seaside town of Essaouira, located on the Atlantic coast.As we drive, look out forendemic argan trees laden with fruit from whichthe precious commodity argan oil is derived. For centuries this has been used not only for culinary purposes but also in beauty rituals, and today it's a key ingredient inmany shampoos and moisturisers. Many argan co-operatives also line the route leading to Essaouira, where women grind the fruit kernels by hand to produce the coveted oil.
Once in this UNESCO-listed town you're free to explore at leisure before we enjoy a seafood lunch. Maybe take a stroll along the medina's ramparts or on the broad stretches of sandy beach. You could hunt for souvenirs amongst narrow alleyways lined with artisan workshops, or head to the port to watch the day's catch as it's brought in by fishermen.
- Day 7 Marrakech at Leisure
- You can spend today just as you wish, whether that's enjoying the facilities at your hotel or exploring Marrakech further with your travelling companions.
This evening you're invited to join an optional folklore show and dinner at the Chez Ali Restaurant. Entertainment comes in the shape of traditional dancing, music and acrobatics performed in Berber tents, while dinner is a feast of Moroccan specialities.
- Day 8 Marrakech UK
- We'lltransfer to the airport for the flight back to the UK.