Discover the ‘real’ Spain from its traditional whitewashed villages to its lavish Moorish architecture on this grand tour.
- Return direct flights from GatwickwithBritish Airways
- 9 nightsin 4-star hotels
- 13 meals: 9 breakfasts,4 dinners and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK – Malaga
- After flying to Malaga, on Spain’s Costa del Sol, we’ll transfer you to your overnight hotel in Mijas.
- Day 2 Ronda – Seville
- We’ll take to the road this morning and travel through the Andalucian Mountains to Seville. On the way we’re going to stop at the picturesque cliff-top town of Ronda. Here, a Local Guide will talk you through all its highlights. You’ll see the 600ft-deep El Tajo gorge that divides the town in two and the ancient bridge spanning it. You’ll also head to the southern side of town to admire its typically Andalucian whitewashed houses. Arrive in Seville in time for a traditional Spanish dinner.
- Day 3 Seville
- Andalucia’s regional capital is, as all opera fans will know, the setting for Bizet’s Carmen and Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro. Your tour includes the main highlights, including the Gothic cathedral and the Barrio Santa Cruz area.
- Day 4 Seville – at Leisure
- This morning you’ve got time to relax, before an optional second trip to Seville in the afternoon. This time you’ll enjoy a guided tour of the Alcazar, the royal palace built on the site of a Moorish fort. In the evening, you might wish to join our optional flamenco show. Andalucia, and in particular Seville, is known for this dramatic and passionate art form.
- Day 5 Seville – Jerez
- Today we journey to the town of Jerez.On arrival you can explore at leisure, or join an optional tour to vist the Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art.Here you’ll learn all about the classical traditions of Spanish Baroque horsemanship and see how the horses and riders prepare for competitions. You’ll then take your seat in the auditorium to watch a mesmerising equestrian performance accompanied by traditional music and costumes. In the afternoon we’ll enjoy a visit tobodega to learn all about the production of Jerez’s famous sherry with a tasting included, of course.
- Day 6 Cadiz
- Venture out from Jerez today anddiscover the rich history of Cadiz, widely acknowledged as the oldest populated city in Europe. Your tour will uncover its ancient mansions, scenic plazas, picturesque churches and more.
- Day 7 Jerez – Cordoba – Granada
- Our destination today is Granada, which we will reach via a visit to Cordoba. This city’s crowning glory is one of the world’s greatest Islamic buildings, the Mezquita, or Great Mosque. After a tour inside, we’ll have time to explore the maze of winding streets and picturesque squares of the Jewish quarter.
- Day 8 Granada
- You really can’t visit Granada without a trip to the Alhambra Palace, so as well as your city tour today, that’s exactly where you’re heading. Built by the Moors in the 13th and 14th centuries, this magnificent complex is complemented perfectly by the lovely Generalife Gardens, which you’ll also discover.
- Day 9 Granada – Malaga – Mijas
- This morning we’re off to Malaga for a tour of its Old Town and a visit to the Picasso Museum the celebrated artist was born in the city. Later we’re going to head back to the whitewashed Andalucian village of Mijas for a final evening.
- Day 10 Malaga – UK
- Today you’ll transfer to the airport for your flight back to the UK.