Explore Christmas markets, enjoy dinner accompanied by the music of Mozartand experience ancient traditions, including the eerie Krampus Run, on thismagical break to Austria.
- Return direct flights from Heathrowwith Lufthansa
- 4 nights in a 3-star hotel
- 8 meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners and a welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- All highlights included
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK Weyregg
- Depart on your flight toMunich today. On arrival we will transfer you to your hotel in Weyregg, a villageon theshore of Lake Attersee.
- Day 2 Salzburg Christmas Markets
- Todayyou will get to know Salzburg on a walking tour of the Altstadt, the historic city centre renowned for its Baroque architecture and stunning churches. Afterwards, you'll have free time to explore the city further and enjoy the Christmas markets at your own pace. It's the perfect opportunity to shop for last-minute Christmas gifts or treat yourself to some tasty gingerbread.
- Day 3 Advent in Castles & Mozart Dinner Concert
- Don't forget your camera today, as the Christmas markets you'll visit aresituated in two spectacular castles by Lake Traunsee. This event, known as the Advent in Castles, was voted the best Christmas market in Upper Austria in 2018.
Later, when youreturn to the hotel, you'll enjoy some traditional treats, a hot cup of glhwein or mulled wine and maroni, local chestnuts. Then, after time to relax,we'llreturn to Salzburg for an unforgettable night in the St Peter Stiftskeller. Travel back to the 18th century for a traditional candle-lit dinner while costumed musicians serenade you with the music of Salzburg's most famous figure, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Day 4 Christmas Markets in the Salzkammergut & the Krampus Run
- Today we'retravelling around the Salzkammergut region and ourfirst stop will be at theFrucht und Sinne Chocolate Manufacturers in Frankenmarkt. You'll get a behind-the-scenes tour to learn about theprocessof making fruit chocolates and will then get to taste some with a glass of wine.
Later, we'll bevisiting the quaint townsof Bad Ischl and St Wolfgang. You'll have plenty of time to make your own discoveries, perhaps take a tour of the Kaiservilla in Bad Ischl or browse the stalls decorated with twinkling lights at St Wolfgang's Christmas market. If you wish, youcould also take ahorse-and-carriage ride, the perfect way to see more of St Wolfgang and its surrounds.
This evening brings with it the Krampus Run, a traditional event where people in horned masks and elaborate costumes parade through the streets ringing ominous bells.According to legend, the Krampus, a half-goat, half-demon figure, is the scary opposite of Saint Nicholas. While Saint Nicholas rewards children who have been good, Krampus punishes naughty children, and this spooky parade dates back 500 years.
- Day 5 Weyregg UK
- This morning after breakfast,we'lltransfer youto the airport for your flight home.