The fall is a great time to visit New England as the leaves turn every hue of gold and red – a truly mesmerising sight. This tour also takes in Niagara Falls and Canada’s most popular cities.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 10 nights in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- 11 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 welcome dinner
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Toronto
- Fly to Toronto.
- Day 2 Toronto
- Toronto is Canada's largest city and one of the world's most culturally diverse. Here you'll find high-profile businesses, superb museums and galleries, countless high-end restaurants, sophisticated bars and a commercial centre dominated by the 1,815ft high CN Tower, the world's tallest freestanding structure. Discover the city on an included tour before gathering with your travelling companions for a welcome dinner.
- Day 3 Niagara Falls
- The mighty Niagara Falls is one of the greatest sights in the New World. For the most dramatic view, take a thrilling optional helicopter flight over the thundering waters during our included excursion. Niagara-on-the-Lake is a picturesque town often referred to as the loveliest town in Ontario, and we'll stop here on the way back to our hotel.
- Day 4 Ottawa
- Following the Maple Leaf Trail we'll witness spectacular scenery as we pass along the Thousand Islands Parkway en route to Ottawa. We'll pause at Rockport for an included cruise around the Thousand Islands, where we'll see fairytale castles, lighthouses and mansions. Ottawa is Canada's elegant and historic capital city. Situated on the banks of the Rideau Canal, its skyline is crowned by the magnificent Parliament Buildings and the grand Chteau Laurier hotel. An included tour will take us to highlights including Parliament Hill, the National War Memorial, Confederation Square, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and ByWard Market, where you'll find some of the city's best pubs and restaurants.
- Day 5 Montreal
- Canada's second city, Montreal in the French-speaking region of Quebec, sits on an island at the junction of the St Lawrence and Ottawa rivers. On arrival, our half-day tour will take in Mount Royal, the three-peaked hill which gives the city its name, the historic district of Old Montreal, with its cobbled streets and 17th century buildings, the beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral and the St Lawrence Seaway a series of locks, canals and channels along the river that allows ships to pass from the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes. There are many fine restaurants and open-air cafs here so perhaps join your travelling companions for a relaxed meal.
- Day 6 Quebec City
- Quebec City is the only walled city in North America. Standing on the St Lawrence River, it is a metropolis of winding cobbled streets, ancient churches, Norman-style houses, stone buildings, public squares and horsedrawn calches. We include a full-day tour, taking in famous sights including the Cathedral, Chteau Frontenac, the Basilica, and the Plains of Abraham the scene of the decisive battle in 1759 between the French and the English for control of Canada.
- Day 7 Stowe
- Leaving Montreal we'll cross the border into the USA. Our drive takes us through Vermont's gentle countryside for our first glimpse of New England's famous fall colours.
- Day 8 North Conway
- The smallest state capital in the USA, Montpellier is home to Morse Maple Farm. A visit gives us the chance to see how this sticky syrup is produced. En route to North Conway we'll drive through Franconia Notch State Park, located in the heart of the stunning White Mountain National Forest.
- Day 9 Boston
- The Kancamagus Highway is a scenic 34-mile stretch of road that's one of the best fall foliage viewing areas in the USA. On our leisurely drive to Boston we'll head through the White Mountain National Forest where our reward will be spectacular views of the White Mountains, the Swift River, Sabbaday Falls and, of course, the kaleidoscope of colour that epitomises New England in the fall. Your hotel in Boston is ideally located downtown, within walking distance of many attractions, so why not explore with your travelling companions.
- Day 10 Boston
- The principal city of New England, Boston boasts a charming old quarter, where steep cobbled streets contrast delightfully with the city's modern skyscrapers. Located at the easternmost point of Massachusetts is beautiful Cape Cod. Why not join us on an optional tour here today, which also includes a visit to Plymouth, where America's founding fathers first set foot in the New World. This evening, gather with your travelling companions for a farewell drink.
- Day 11 Boston to UK
- On an included morning tour of Boston we will follow parts of the famous Freedom Trail and visit the Granary Burial Ground. We also visit Beacon Hill, Quincy Market and Cambridge – home of Harvard University. Enjoy time at leisure before our flight back to the UK.
- Day 12 UK
- Arrive back in the UK.