As you spend Christmas on the beautiful Italian Riviera you’ll explore chic resorts and delightful clifftop villages.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 6 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 13 meals: 6 breakfasts, Christmas Day lunch, 6 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and SpecialistLocal Guide
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK Pisa
- Depart on your flight to Pisa today. On arrival we will transfer you to your elegant hotel in Chiavari,a beautiful seaside resorton the Italian Riviera.
- Day 2 Rapallo & Portofino
- Look forward to a day of exploration in lovely surroundings, as you enjoy an included excursion today. Your discoveries begin in the beautiful riviera town of Rapallo, which boasts a small medieval castle, seaside promenade and ahistoric centre.
You've plenty of free time here to stop for a spot of lunch if you wish before wevisitPortofino, which we'll reach by boat. What used to be a small fishing village is today an exclusive resort favoured by Italy's rich and famous. A walk along the cliff past the church of San Giorgio will reward you with unrivalled views of its picturesque harbour lined with pastel-shaded houses.
- Day 3 Genoa
- You'll discover the large port city of Genoa today on an included guided tour. In the birthplace of explorer Christopher Columbus, you'll wander through medieval alleyways and admire the UNESCO-listed Palazzi dei Rolli. These magnificent palaces were built in the Strade Nuove district between the 16th and 18th centuries as residences for aristocratic families, as well as to host visiting dignitaries.
You'll have free time for lunch and to explore Genoa further at your own pace. It ishome to a wide range of museums and art galleries, as well as Italy's largest aquarium, where you can discover more than 500 species of fish.
- Day 4 Christmas Eve Cinque Terre
- After breakfast you'll head to the area known as the Cinque Terre. Thesefive enchanting villages are perched high on cliffs above the Mediterranean Sea and are accessible only by train, boat or footpath. On your included excursion you will take the train to visit a few of them.
Back at the hotel, enjoy dinner and an evening of live music.
- Day 5 Christmas Day Chiavari
- Enjoy a relaxing start to Christmas Day with a leisurely breakfast and a stroll around Chiavariwith your Tour Manager.
As you walk along the seafront promenade, you might see locals out buying cakes and pastries to enjoy on this special day.
Back at the hotel we'll be served atraditional festive lunch.Spend the afternoon relaxing, before dinner this evening.
- Day 6 Boxing Day Chiavari at Leisure
- Today is free for you to spend just as you wish. You can relax at the hotel or explore lovely Chiavari further.
However, if you'd like to discover more of Italy, why not join an optional excursion, which begins as we admirethe famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. One of four buildings that make up the Field of Miracles, this iconic landmark took 176 years to complete and beganto lean shortly after construction.
Next, you'll continue to the well-preserved walled town of Lucca, which is renowned for its medieval and Renaissance architecture. It is also famous as the birthplace of thecomposer Puccini and home of the Volto Santo Crucifix, which is kept in the exquisite cathedral.
- Day 7 Pisa UK
- After breakfast, we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.