Lucerne is the ideal base from which to explore the snowy Swiss Alps – one of the most Christmassyplaces on Earth.
- Return direct flights from Heathrowwith British Airways
- 5 nightsin a 4-star hotel
- 12meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches,5 dinners including four-course dinners on Christmas Eve andChristmas Day and welcome drink
- All highlights included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager andSpecialistLocal Guide
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK Lucerne
- Today you'll fly to Zurich, then continueona scenic journey to Lucerne. On arrival, we'll check into our hotel, which sits close tothe dazzling Lake Lucerne, and is just minutes from the station.
Get to know your fellow travellers over a welcome drink then spend the rest of the day as you choose. We recommend a walk around the beautiful medieval town.
In the evening, we'll get together for dinner in the hotel's excellent restaurant.
- Day 2 Lucerne & Mount Pilatus
- After breakfast, we'll set off on a walking tour of Lucerne. Surrounded by snowy mountain peaks, this historic lake city is impossibly beautiful. Marvel at the medieval buildings and take in famous sights like the Chapel Bridge, with its pretty red roof.
Next, we'll travel bybus to the city of Kriens and then take a gondola and cable car to the summit of Mount Pilatus. Spend your free time at the top enjoying the dramatic Alpine vistas and charming mountain lodge. We'll then return to the hotel where dinner will be served this evening.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve Mount Rigi
- Take to the water this morning with a cruise across Lake Lucerne to charming Vitznau. Next, we'll ascend Mount Rigi by train. You'll soon see why this regal massif is known as the Queen of the Mountains! Enjoy plenty of time to take in thegorgeous scenery, before stopping for some lunch. Be sure totry the local dish of alpenmagronen. Made with potatoes, pasta, cheese and apple sauce, it's the perfect meal for refuelling.
In the afternoon, we'll journey back to Lucerne, passing through Arth-Goldau on the way. Back at the hotel, Christmas Eve will be marked with a special four-coursefestive dinner.
- Day 4 Christmas Day Mount Titlis & Engelberg
- You can be sure of a white Christmas this year! The day begins with a train trip to Engelberg, close to the Mount Titlis cable car. Climb aboard for an epic aerial adventure passing over dramatic snowy landscapes and peaks such as Klein Titlis. We'll stop for lunch at the Titlis Panorama Restaurant, which truly lives up to its name. After riding the cable car back down to Engelberg, relax with a horse-drawn carriage ride around this enchanting village.
Tonight we'll celebrate together with a four-courseChristmas dinner at the hotel.
- Day 5 Boxing Day Lucerne at Leisure
- After a Christmas Day filled with excitement, the focus today is on total relaxation. After breakfast, you're free to do just as you please. You might want to head out to browse the shops, walk along the banks of the lake or just chill out at the hotel. In the evening we'll enjoydinner at the hotel.
- Day 6 Lucerne UK
- After breakfast, we'll take youto Zurich for yourflight back to the UK.