Spend Christmas discovering the scenic highlights of the Italian Riviera, then explore the delights of Cannes, Nice and St Tropez as you celebrate the New Year in France.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 10nightsin3 and4-star hotels
- 21meals:10 breakfasts, 1 lunch,10 dinners including traditional Christmas Day dinner with live music, New Year’s Eve galadinner,welcome andfarewell drinks
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK Alassio
- After flying toNice, we'll transfer you to Alassio, a seaside resorton the beautifulItalian Riviera. Your hotel boasts an enviable position right on the seafront and we'll enjoy a welcome drink together this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Dolceacqua & San Remo
- After breakfast we'll make our way to the ancient village of Dolceacqua. A river divides it into two districts which are connected by a pretty bridge, and you'll have some free time to look around and admire the 15th century castle perched on top of a hill.
We then move on to Isolabona for a wine-tasting and we'll round off our sightseeing in stylish San Remo. Its Old Town is full of narrow streets and alleyways and the casino here was built in 1905.
Back at the hotel, a candlelit dinner will be served this evening.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Alassio at Leisure
- It's Christmas Day, so why not relax and enjoy a leisurely dayat the hotel, or maybe go for a stroll along the beach. This evening there willbe live music as we sit down to enjoy atraditional Christmas Day dinner with turkey and all the trimmings.
- Day 4 Boxing Day Monaco & Monte Carlo
- After breakfast, we're going to make our way to Monte Carlo in nearby Monaco. Oozing glitz and glamour, Monte Carlo occupies a stunning spot between the Alps and the Mediterranean Sea, and the lavish Casino di Monte Carlo is one of Europe's finest examples of belle poque architecture. Enjoy some time to soak up the atmosphere and make your own discoveries.
- Day 5 Alassio at Leisure
- You've a free day to do just as you please today, or if you want to continue exploring, there's an optional cruise to Portofino. What used to be a tiny fishing port is today the Italian Riviera's most exclusive resort offering designer boutiques and a fine selection of cafs and bars. You'll also visit the picturesque seaside resort of Santa Margherita, which is home to a lovely palm-fringed harbour.
- Day 6 Alassio Cannes Mandelieu
- After breakfast, we're going to say farewell to Italy and cross the border into France. We'll make our way to Cannes Mandelieu, our base for the remainder of the holiday.
- Day 7 Cannes & Nice
- Cannes is known for its long sandy beaches, designer boutiques, sleek yachts and the renowned annual film festival. Today we'll discover many of its highlights on an included excursion. We'll walk along La Croisette, a palm-lined promenade which curves along the seafront, and explore Le Suquet, a labyrinth of streets snaking out from the picturesque port.
We'll then continue to the glamorous city of Nice, where a drive up Mont Boron will reward us with fantastic views of the city, the Mediterranean Sea and the Bay of Angels. We'll also spend some time in the Cimiez district. Queen Victoria was once a regular at the Regina Palace Hotel here, and her statue still stands at the entrance to the district. Other attractions include an ancient Roman theatre.
- Day 8 Cannes Mandelieu at Leisure
- Enjoy a leisurely day doing just as you please.You could stroll along the seafrontpromenade to the Mandelieu harbour area andvisitthe medieval fortress of the Chateau de la Napoule,or perhapsventureintoCannesbytrain.
Dinner isserved at the hotel this evening.
- Day 9 New Year's Eve St Raphael & St Tropez
- Today's excursion takes you to the delightful resort of St Raphael, where you can explore its old quarter and take a stoll along its picturesque promenade. Next you'll head to what is one of the most beautiful destinations in the South of France, St Tropez, which boasts sandy beaches, cobbled streets and chic boutiques and eateries. Admire its yacht-lined harbour before taking a walk around the Old Town, which is home to a 7th century citadel.
Back at the hotel there's time to get ready for tonight's New Year's Eve celebration. You'll head to the Salon Riviera for dinner, followed by dancing until the early hours.
- Day 10 New Year's Day Cannes Mandelieu at Leisure
- Today has been left free for you to spend at leisure. A buffet lunch will be served, followed bydinner this evening.
- Day 11 Cannes Mandelieu UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.