Fairytale towns, sumptuous palaces and seafaring cities are highlights of this festive holiday on the Lisbon Coast, and they are all themore magical at Christmas.
- Return flights from Heathrow with TAP AirPortugal
- 6 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 12 meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 dinners including festive Portuguese dinners on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Welcome drink
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Day 1 UK Ericeira
- Depart on your flight to Lisbon today. On arrival we will transfer you to your hotel in the Portuguese seaside resort of Ericeira, renowned for its sandstone cliffs, ocean views and lovely beaches. This traditional village also boasts a delightful centre, which will be adorned with festive decorations.
Once youve settle into your room, why not head out to explore before you return to the hotel this evening for dinner.
- Day 2 Lisbon
- Today you'll head toPortugal's lively capital, Lisbon, which is renowned for its spectacular Christmas lights illuminating its avenues and squares.
You will take in the Moorish quarter and the Belm Tower the city's icon and a monument to Portugal's Age of discovery. Entrance tothe Maritime Museum, which tells the story of Portugal's pioneering role in exploring the world by sea, is also included. One of the oldest items you'll see here is a figure of the Archangel Raphael that journeyed with Vasco de Game on his expedition to India. See the illuminations after sunset before heading back to Ericeira.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve – bidos
- Today you'll visit the hilltop town of bidos on an included excursion. Considered one of the most picturesque in Portugal and specially decorated for the festive period, it's a delight to explore on foot. Its walled historic centre is a labyrinth of cobblestone streets and whitewashed houses sporting terracotta roofs, while the main street is lined with traditional shops selling crafts, chocolate and cherry liqueur. You'll be back at your hotel in time to get ready for a special Christmas Eve dinner including Portuguese specialties.
- Day 4 Christmas Day Ericeira at Leisure
- Its Christmas Day and you can spend itdoing just as you please. We'll get together this evening for dinner.
- Day 5 Boxing Day Sintra, Cascais & Cabo Da Roca
- Your included excursion today first takes you to UNESCO-listed Sintra, which is located at the foot of a mountain, surrounded by forest and dotted with extravagant villas and palaces.
You will visit the former summer residence of the kings of Portugal, noted for its beautiful ceramic tiles and painted ceilings, beforeheading to Cascais. Once a sleepy fishing village, this stylish seaside resort boasts fine beaches, picturesque parks and gardens and acharming Old Town. The main street, Rua Direita, is the place to shop for local handicrafts, and the Paula Rego Museum showcases works by this renowned Portuguese artist.
Your day concludes with a visit to the dramatic surroundings of Cabo da Roca lighthouse (weather permitted), the most westerly point of continental Europe.
- Day 6 Mafra
- You'll head off this morning to the Baroque National Palace at Mafra. When work began on this monumental complex in 1717, no expense was spared with approximately 45,000 men working on the palace, basilica and monastery.
During your visit a highlight will be the magnificent library, decorated with marble and exotic wood and containing around35,000 volumes.
Head back to Ericeira where you'll spend your final evening.
- Day 7 Ericeira UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.