Travel through Switzerland’s untouched landscapes and stunning scenery on historic railways, discovering elegant towns, romantic castles and delicious local cuisine.
- Return direct flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights in 4-star hotels
- 14meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 brunch, 1lunch, 5dinners and welcome drink
- Scenic train: Several iconic scenic rail journeys
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and SpecialistLocal Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK – Zurich
- Fly to Zurich today, and then we'll transfer you to Davos Platz and enjoy a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Bernina Express
- Your day begins as you board the Bernina Express for a first-class return journey on the Bernina Line a UNESCO-listed railway that's more than 100 years old. You'll make your way from Davos through St Moritz and then across the border to Tirano in Italy. It's a thrilling route that passes through no fewer than 55 tunnels and crosses 196 bridges as well as the famous circular viaduct of Brusio. It also climbs the 2,253-metre Bernina Pass and passes through the Valtellina Valley in Italy. You will have some free time in Tirano to explore. Back in Davos later this afternoon, you are invited to join the matre d'htel for a glass of wine in the hotel's wine cellar.
- Day 3 Glacier Express
- Today you'll take a panoramic journey on the world's slowest express train, the Glacier Express. Again you'll be travelling first-class, and will be served a three-course lunch with wine as you wind your way through spectacular mountain scenery. You'll then continue by rail to the mountain resort of Wengen, which is beautifully located in the heart of the Alps.
- Day 4 Wengen
- You can get to know Wengen during a guided culinary walk this morning. You can then choose to spend the afternoon at leisure, or perhaps you'll come on an exciting optional trip. This takes you to Jungfraujoch the 'Top of Europe' for views of the Eiger, Mnch and Jungfrau summits. You'll take the Jungfrau Railway, which travels through a mountain tunnel and takes the steep climb to Jungfraujoch. Located at 3,454 metres above sea level, this is the highest railway station in Europe. What you'll see during two stops and from viewing platforms is an incredible world of rock, ice and snow on all sides.
- Day 5 Trmmelbach Falls & Schilthorn
- Your day is filled with exciting journeys, and the first takes you on a train ride to Lauterbrunnen. From here a Postbus an iconic yellow Swiss bus takes you to Trmmelbach Falls. You will then take the cable car to Birg to admire stunning vistas from its viewing platform. Then it's on to Schilthorn, known as the '007 Mountain'. On its 2,970-metre summit sits a revolving restaurant, Piz Gloria, which featured in the 1969 James Bond film 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. You can enjoy a Martini here, shaken not stirred, of course, while you take in 360-degree views of the Eiger, Mnch and Jungfrau mountains. Enjoy a brunch fit for James Bond at the 360-degree revolving restaurant where you'll enjoy delicacies and regional products against a magnificent backdrop. Your next cable car ride takes you to Mrren, a picturesque cliff-top village offering amazing views of the Lauterbrunnen Valley. Its well-prepared footpaths and the fact that it is car-free make it a delight to explore on foot. After plenty of time to do this we'll head back to the hotel, where there will be a Buddha-themed wellness experience in the pool area.
- Day 6 Wengen – Montreux
- The elegant town of Montreux is your destination today, and you'll reach it as you travel on two trains. A great way to break up our journey is with a cruise on Lake Thun. We're also going to visit romantic Spiez Castle, perched on a rocky outcrop on the lake's shores. Next you'll board the luxurious Golden Pass Classic Train. Your first-class ticket means you'll travel in complete comfort as you take in some of Switzerland's most beautiful scenery from your carriage. It's first-class all the way at your hotel too. Here, your deluxe room offers fabulous lake views.
- Day 7 Montreux – at Leisure
- Today you are free to explore at your leisure. Your holiday includes a Montreux Riviera Card, giving you free access to public transport as well as discounted entry to a number of attractions. Alternatively, you may wish to join your Tour Manager for an optional excursion. You'll travel by rail to Glacier 3000, which offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the Swiss Alps and a variety of attractions including a suspension bridge Peak Walk by Tissot, a walk over the glacier, and a tour with the snow bus. This is also the home to the Alpine Coaster – the world's highest bobsleigh track. At the hotel this evening, enjoy a drink on its terrace which overlooks Lake Geneva.
- Day 8 Geneva – UK
- Today we'll transfer you by train to Geneva airport for your return flight to the UK.