Can’t decide between the city and the countryside? This tour to France, combiningvibrant Lyon during the spectacular Festival of Lightswith the pretty Alpine town of Annecy, is the perfect mix ofculture,food,fresh air and mountain scenery.
- Return standard-class return rail travel by Eurostar and TGV from St Pancras International via Lille
- 3 nights in a 4-star hotel
- All breakfasts: 3 breakfasts, 1 dinner and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage at your hotel
- Day 1 UK – Lyon
- Today you will make your own way to London St Pancras Internationalwhere you'll board the Eurostar for Lille. From Lille, you'll take the high-speed TGV to Lyon, where you'll be transferred to your hotel in Presqu'le. This is a vibrant and attractive part of the city known for its cafs, restaurants and shops. Lyon is a dream city for foodies and tonight youwill head out for dinner in a traditional brasserie.
- Day 2 Lyon
- In the morning youwill get to know Lyon on a walking tour. You'll explore the Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with many beautiful historic buildings. Lyon is a great city for culture lovers with many excellent museums and has fantastic shopping too. You'll have free time in the afternoon to explore further. Treat yourself toa glass of local wine in one of the city's many wine bars or trysome of the local food specialities.As eveningfalls, prepare for themainevent;stroll through the city and take in the magicalFestival of Lights wherelight installations by visual artists illuminate architecture, trees and even rivers; some ofwhichare beautifullysynchronised to classical music. Unique to Lyon, thisannualfestival takes place at the start of December and issaid to be one of thelargestarts festivals of its kind in the world.In anexpression of gratitude towards Mary mother of Jesus, the people of Lyon alsolight up their homes inside and outcreating a trulymagical effect all around.
- Day 3 Annecy
- Today you willleave city life behind and head into the mountains to Annecy, a town located on the banks of AnnecyLake,which is said to be the cleanest lake in Europe. Known as the Venice of the Alps, Annecyis a pretty town with canals, cafs and many beautiful 16th and 17th centurybuildings. You'll have some free time to explore the town, which will be full of festive cheer with a Christmas market, twinkling Christmas lights and an ice-skating rink. Afterwards you'll return to Lyon for your final evening in the city.
- Day 4 Lyon – UK
- After breakfast, youwill board the high-speed TGV train to Lille from where you will take the Eurostar backto London.
- Day 5 Title