This tour is perfectfor travellers who want to discover the splendours of New England visiting all six states.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 12 nights in great quality hotels plus 1 night in flight
- 12breakfasts, 1 dinner, and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and SpecialistLocal Guides
- Overseas transfers andother transportation
- Day 1 UK – Boston
- Today you'll fly to Boston. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel in the newly developed Seaport District.
- Day 2 Boston – Ogunquit
- You'll see many of Boston's highlights on a sightseeing tour this morning. We'll travel along the famous Freedom Trail and visit Beacon Hill, Quincy Market and Cambridge, home of Harvard University. Later we'll head to Ogunquit, a charming beach town in southern Maine, where you'll find quaint shops and lively restaurants. Whilst you're here, be sure to take a walk along the Marginal Way footpath for fabulous views of the New England coast.
- Day 3 Ogunquit – Bar Harbor
- First settled in the 1600s, the seaport of Kennebunkport was known for its shipbuilding, and today you'll see some of the town's mansions, built by wealthy captains. Later we'll visit Cape Elizabeth and you'll see Portland Head Light Maine's oldest lighthouse. Enjoy some time to explore the waterfront of Portland before our journey continues to Bar Harbor.
- Day 4 Acadia National Park
- On today's visit to Acadia National Park you'll see an incredible natural landscape of mountains and marshland, forest and rocky coast. The area is home to a variety of wildlife, so be sure to keep a lookout for whales, seals, peregrine falcons and more. Later spend some free time exploring the village of Bar Harbor. This evening we'll get together and enjoy a traditional New England lobster clambake, a dish handed down by Native Americans.
- Day 5 Bar Harbor – Bethel
- This morningyou'll have further time toexplore the rocky coast of Bar Harbor, or simply relax in one of the many cafes and maybe enjoy aMaine blueberrysoda or a 'Maple Leaf' latte. Alternatively, join our optional excursion, a narrated cruise aboard the LuLu Lobster boat,and see how the crew haul the lobster traps.Later we'll drive to Bethel.
- Day 6 Bethel – Fairlee
- You'll see glorious New Hampshire countryside today, as we travel through the White Mountains and along the Kancamagus ScenicByway into Franconia Notch State Park. We'll make a stop at Flume Gorge, a natural granite valley where you can walk along an 800ft boardwalk with walls towering on either side. Our journey continues as we drive into Vermont and arrive at the town of Fairlee.
- Day 7 Fairlee – Hartford
- Your day begins with a visit to the quintessential New England Town of Woodstock. After time to explore the boutiques and galleries, we'll head into Massachusetts and stop for lunch in Northampton, a charming town nestled in the foothills of the Berkshires. Later we'll make our way to Hartford, Connecticut's state capital.
- Day 8 Hartford – Newport
- Today you'll visit the house where Mark Twain lived with his family and wrote his most important works. Then we'll continue on our way to Newport, Rhode Island.
- Day 9 Newport
- On today's tour of Newport, you'llsee the church where John F Kennedy married Jacqueline Bouvier and stroll through the narrow streets of the Old Town. You'll also see some of the summer homes built by America's wealthiest families in the late 19th century. We'll admire Rosecliff, where 'The Great Gatsby' and 'High Society' were filmed.
If you wish to, you can join a visit to The Breakers, the most ostentatious mansion of them all. It was built by the Vanderbilt family and is a 70-room Italian Renaissance-style palazzo. Later you'll have some free time to explore Brick Marketplace and the waterfront.
- Day 10 Martha's Vineyard
- You'll take a ferry to Martha's Vineyard this morning. This delightful island is where celebrities and presidents, past and present, choose to take their holidays. We'll take a tour of the island's six small towns, which include elegant Edgartown and Oak Bluffs, with its colourful gingerbread cottages. We'll then continue to Falmouth.
- Day 11 Falmouth – Provincetown
- Today we will travel along the beautiful Cape Cod National Seashore, and stop at Chatham, one of the Cape's most beautiful townsandhome to the Chatham Light. Later,we'll make our way toProvincetown, where you'll find beautiful beaches, charming shops andan eclectic artisan community.Why not have lunch in one of the manytemptingcafs here?
- Day 12 Provincetown – Boston
- This morning, we visit Plymouth 'America's Hometown' where you will visitthe Plimoth Plantation- a living history museum that includes a re-created 17th centuryvillage and Wampanoag Indian Campsite. As we head back toBoston, we'll visit the John F Kennedy Library andMuseum, which traces the life of JFK through filmand avast collection of his belongings.
- Day 13 Boston – UK
- Enjoy a final morning at leisure In Boston before wetransfer youto the airport for your flight backto the UK.
- Day 14 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.