Soak up the sun,the glitz and glamour of the Cte d’Azur’s most chic resorts from your base inCannes.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 7 breakfasts and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK Cannes
- Depart on your journey to Cannes today. You’ll fly to Nice and transfer to Cannes by coach.Your hotel is located just a short walk from La Croisette, the palm tree-lined boulevard which runs along the seafront.
- Day 2 Cannes & Nice
- Cannes is known for its long sandy beaches, designer boutiques, glamorous yachts and the renowned annual film festival. Today’s included excursion will introduce you to Cannes’ highlights before continuing to the chic city of Nice, where we’ll drive up Mont Boron for fantastic sweeping views.
We’ll also spend some time inthe Cimiez district. Queen Victoria was once a regular at the Regina Palace Hotel here, and her statue still stands at the entrance to the district. Other attractions include an ancient Roman theatre.
During our time in Nice, we’ll also toura sweet shop todiscover how candied fruit and crystallised flowersare made, before tasting a few samplesand perhaps purchasing some to take home.
- Day 3 Cannes – at Leisure
- Spend today at leisure, or join your Tour Manager on a full-day optional excursion to St-Paul-de-Vence, a charming hilltop fortified village, and Antibes, perhaps the most exclusive resort on the Cte d’Azur.
- Day 4 Monaco & Monte Carlo
- Join our included excursion to the tiny sovereign state of Monaco today. Ruled by the Grimaldi family for more than seven centuries, it boasts luxurious hotels, exclusive restaurants and the highest number of millionaires per square metre than any other country in the world!
You’ll also discover the district of Monte Carlo, which is the sophisticated playground of the rich and famous. It’s renowned for its famous casino, exquisite gardens, opulent boutiques and a grand harbour filled with expensive yachts.
- Day 5 Cannes – at Leisure
- Today has been left free for you to spend how you wish. You might want to laze on the beach, browse the designer boutiques or take a ferry to the Iles de Lerins. Thesetwo tiny traffic-free islands in the bayare crisscrossed by a network of well-marked walking trails, where you can discoverhidden coves, tidal pools and unspoilt beaches.On le Ste-Marguerite you coulddiscover the 17th century Fort Royal, which served as a holding cell for prisoners including the mysterious ‘Man in the Iron Mask’. And if you decide to head to le St-Honorat you’ll see a Cistercian abbey whose 20 or so monks tend the island’s vineyards and also cultivate lavender and honey. There’s no ferry between the two, so you’ll have to return to the mainland in order to visit both.
If you like to snorkel, you’ll find the waters around the islands are teeming with life, including many protected species.
- Day 6 Cannes – at Leisure
- If you’d like to venture further afield,why not jointoday’s optional excursion which will take you over the Italian border to San Remo. Known as the ‘Town of Flowers’, this lovelyresort boasts exquisite gardens and parks,and you’llvisit its Old Town,La Pigna and Hanbury Gardens.
- Day 7 St Raphael & St Tropez
- Today we include a tour of the delightful resorts of St Raphael and St Tropez. Discover St Raphael’s old quarter and take a stroll along its lovely promenade. Then in St Tropez, one of the most beautiful resorts in the south of France, maybe enjoy anice cream or a drinkas youadmirethe chic marina, or head to its atmosphericOld Town.
- Day 8 Cannes – UK
- Today you’ll transfer to the airportfor your journey back to the UK.