This amazing journey of discovery willintroduce you to so manyofItaly’s iconic highlights, including the amazing cities of Venice, Florence and Rome.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 14 nightsin4-star hotels
- 22meals: 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7dinners and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and SpecialistLocal Guide
- Overseas transfers,other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK – Venice
- After flying to Venice, we'll transfer you to your hotel in Preganziol. After time to settle in, we'll get together for buffet-style welcome dinner, which features food typical of the Veneto region.
- Day 2 Venice
- Today's the day you'll get to explore Venice, with famous highlights including St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge. In the evening we'll transfer you to the beautiful town of Treviso.
- Day 3 Bologna – Montecatini
- This morning we'll head off into northern Italy and Tuscany's glorious countryside. Our journey takes us through Bologna, where we'll stretch our legs on a sightseeing tour.
- Day 4 Pisa
- From our base in Montecatini Terme, the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa is within reach. After your visit, the rest of the day is all yours or you may want to join an optional excursion to Lucca this afternoon.
- Day 5 Florence
- Today you'll visit the 'art city' of Florence for a tour. This afternoon there is an optional excursion to the Uffizi gallery with 'skip-the-line' admission. This evening there will be an opportunity to attend the Montecatini Opera Festival.
- Day 6 Orvieto – Rome
- We're heading south today, to the region of Lazio and Rome. The impressive fortress town of Orvieto is ours to explore on the way to our hotel in Rome.
- Day 7 Rome
- Let's set off and explore the magnificent sights of Rome on a guided tour. Highlights include the beautiful Spanish Steps and the ornate Trevi Fountain. This afternoon is yours to do as you please in Rome.
- Day 8 Rome – at Leisure
- Today you have the chance to pre-book an exclusive skip-the-line, timed admission two-hour guided visit of the Vatican Museum and Sistine chapel.
- Day 9 Pompeii – Sorrento Peninsula
- A full day of exploration begins with a visit to Montecassino Abbey before we arrive at the ruins of Pompeii for a guided walking tour. Later, we'll arrive in the scenic Sorrento Peninsula, where our hotel is centrally located.
- Day 10 Sorrento Peninsula – at Leisure
- Today you can relax at your hotel, or join an optional excursion. It's just a short boat journey across the Bay of Naples to Capri, so if you want to add this glamorous island to your sightseeing list, today's optional excursion is a must.
- Day 11 Sorrento Peninsula – at Leisure
- Today you can relax at your hotel, or join an optional excursion and discover the beauty of the Amalfi Coast.
- Day 12 Pizzo Calabro – Sicily
- We're leaving mainland Italy now, and heading to Sicily. On the way we'll stop at a seaside resort in Calabria for lunch. A short ferry ride takes us to Messina, with an onward drive to Taormina.
- Day 13 Taormina
- Taormina sits on a sheer cliff, perched above beautiful beaches and close to Mount Etna, so just imagine the views you'll see on today's tour. There's plenty of free time too, so spend the afternoon making your own discoveries.
- Day 14 Giardini Naxos – at Leisure
- You've seen Mount Etna from afar, so maybe now's the time to see Europe's highest volcano up close on our optional excursion. Once here, there's a further option to head off on a 16-seater Jeep adventure with an Alpine Guide for amazing views of this majestic mountain. Back at your hotel tonight, we'll get together to enjoy a farewell drink in the bar.
- Day 15 Catania – UK
- Today you'll transfer to Sicily's Catania Airport for your return flight to the UK.