Enjoy a pre-Christmas shopping break full of festive cheer in Lille and Bruges where you’ll explore the medieval streets, dine out and browse the Christmas markets for unique gifts.
- Return Standard Class travel by Eurostar from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet International
- 3 nights in a 4-star hotel
- All breakfasts: 3 breakfasts, 1 dinner in a local brasserie including a glass of wine and a welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage at your hotel
- Day 1 UK Lille
- Today you'll make your own way to London St Pancras or Ebbsfleet International to board the Eurostar. You'll arrive in the Frenchcity of Lille in a flash and be transferred to your centralhotel. There will be some time to relax and unpack before joining your travel companions for a welcome drink. Afterwards, you'll enjoy dinner in a local brasserie.
- Day 2 Lille – at Leisure
- You have the whole day today to explore Lille at your leisure. The city will be full of festive atmosphere, with twinkling fairy lights and decorated Christmas trees. Browse the wooden chalets of the pretty Christmas market for handmade gifts and enjoy the aroma of roast chestnuts and vin chaud. The centre of Lille is ideal for Christmas shopping and the cafslining the Grand Place are perfect for a spot of people watching. Art lovers should make a beeline for the Palais des Beaux-Arts. This evening, you'll stay in Lille for your evening meal. Whether you prefer fine dining, classic French food in a lively brasserie, or something more casual, you're sure to find the perfect place to have dinner.
- Day 3 Bruges
- Today we travel to Bruges in Belgium.Bruges has one of the best-preserved medieval Old Towns in Europe and is especially magical at Christmastime when the city's old buildings are illuminated, and the squares are full of market stalls. You'll have plenty of time to explore the Christmas market,the winding streets and the canals. If you're feeling energetic, you can climb the 13th century bell tower for a bird's eye view of the city. Bruges is a fantastic city for foodies, so besure to try some of the traditional food like moules, frites, beer, waffles and chocolate. There will be time to enjoy an earlydinner in Bruges if you wish, before we return toLille.
- Day 4 Lille UK
- After breakfast, you'll board the Eurostar for your return journey to the UK.