Madeira is a gem of a destination, affectionately known as the Pearl of the Atlantic. Discover the delightful capital Funchal and admire breathtaking scenery as you explore the mountains, valleys, villages and coasts that make up this delightful island.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 5-starhotel
- 11 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch,3 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Funchal
- Today we'll fly to Funchal and transfer to our hotel on arrival. Get to know your travelling companions better when we meet for a welcome drink this evening.
- Day 2 Funchal
- Today we'll enjoy a sightseeing tour of Funchal. We'll begin by visiting a busy market, where you'll have time to browse the colourful stalls selling flowers, fruit, vegetables and fish. Next we'll head just outside Funchal to the Botanical Gardens and admire more than 2,000 different plants split into distinct areas. After leaving the Botanical Gardens we'll visit an embroidery factory, before calling at a Madeira Wine lodge and enjoying a tasting to round off our tour.
- Day 3 Funchal
- Today is free for you to enjoy at your leisure, or perhaps you'll join our optional levada walk. There's a whole network of levadas water channels on the island which provide a spectacular array of walking paths. You will enjoy a leisurely walk through the emerald green paradise valley with captivating views of pretty villages. Enjoy the abundant flora and patchwork landscape that makes this walk wonderful. Please ensure you bring suitable walking attire for this day.
- Day 4 East Island Tour
- Today we visit the village of Camacha, home to Madeira's thriving willow craft industry. We'll then admire spectacular views from Pico do Arieiro, the third-highest peak on the island, before calling at the trout hatchery in Ribeiro Frio. We'll enjoy lunch at Santana, a pretty village where you will be able to see the unique, thatched triangular houses, typical of the region. After lunch we'll make our way back to Funchal along the stunning north coast. The view from Portela is simply breathtaking and we'll also pass Machico, the island's first capital.
- Day 5 Eira do Serrado & Monte
- After breakfast this morning we'll visit Pico dos Barcelos, a viewpoint offering spectacular views of Funchal. We'll then wind our way up the mountain to Eira do Serrado, a stunningly beautiful place surrounded by mountains and overlooking the remote village of Curral das Freiras, or Nuns Valley. From here our journey continues to the delightful hamlet of Monte, home to the beautiful Church of Our Lady of Monte and the tranquil Parque Municipal do Monte.
- Day 6 West Coast Tour
- Enjoy another day at leisure or join our optional tour of Madeira's west coast. We'll see the fishing village of Cmara de Lobos, admire thrilling views from Cabo Giro, the second-highest sea cliff in the world, and visit Porto Moniz. We'll then continue to Pal da Serra, before descending into valleys blanketed by the Laurisilva Forest.
- Day 7 Funchal
- We have left today free for you to explore at your own pace. Alternatively, why not head out in search of whales and dolphins on an optional cruise.
- Day 8 Funchal to UK
- After breakfast well transfer to theairport for our flight back to the UK.