Art, architecture and music lovers will enjoy this culture-packed journey along the Danube that takes in fourcountries, three capital cities, authentic towns and picturesque scenery.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 1 night in a 4-star hotel and 7 nights on board 4-star ship A-ROSA DONNA
- 22 meals: 8 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 8 dinners including New Year’s Eve gala dinner, all drinks on board (excluding Champagne and some selected drinks) and welcome reception
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Cruise Representative
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Day 1 UK Munich
- Today you'll fly from the UK to Munich.This afternoon is at leisure where you may choose tovisit a traditional Christmas market, where you can buy gifts such as gingerbread, cookies, candles and handmadenativity figures. In the evening, you'll join your fellow guests for an evening meal.
- Day 2 Munich Engelhartszell
- This morning you'll enjoy a tour of Munich. You will see the main sights including the large central square, the Marienplatz, with its Neo-Gothic town hall. In the afternoon, you'll travel to Engelhartszell to board your ship and prepare for your cruise to the Wachau Valley.
- Day 3 Engelhartszell Wachau Valley
- You'll spend today on the water, on board our lovely ship the A-ROSA DONNA. Setting off from Engelhartszell in the morning, you'll cruise along the Danube, past the pretty towns and forests of the Wachau Valley. Look out for fairy-tale castles, vineyards and decorative Baroque churches.
- Day 4 Budapest
- After sailing through the night, you'll arrive in Budapest, a majestic city on the Danube. In the morning there will be a tour of the city, including many famous landmarks such as the Hungarian Parliament Building and Heroes' Square. Then, you'll head up Buda Hill to visit the Matthias Church with its gorgeous roof design. Don't forget your camera, as there are great views of the city and river from this vantage point. After the tour, you'll have free time to explore further before heading back to the ship for dinner. In the evening, the ship sets sail for Slovakia.
- Day 5 Bratislava at Leisure
- This morning you'll wake up in Bratislava, Slovakia. This is another city blessed with beautiful buildings and a charming Old Town. You are free to explore on your own, perhaps visiting some of the lively cafs. Or you can join our optional excursion to the exquisite Klosterneuburg monastery.
- Day 6 New Years Eve, Vienna
- New Year's Eve is always special but what could be more special than spending it in the beautiful city of Vienna? You'll be taken on a guided tour of the city's landmarks, including the Hofburg Palace, State Opera House and Parliament Building. You'll continue on to see the magnificent Musikverein Concert Hall, home of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, and the stunning Baroque St Charles's Church. Then, it's time to return to the shipto start preparing for our New Year's Eve celebrations. In the evening you'll enjoy a gala dinner before raising a glass to 2021.
- Day 7 New Years Day, Vienna Drnstein, at Leisure
- Drnstein is a lovely town on the banks of the Danube and is famous for its castle, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned. You can spend the afternoon exploring on your own don't forget your camera because this town is impossibly pretty. Or join our optional tour of the pedestrianised town centre, which will include a visit to the 600-year-old Baroque church with its striking blue tower.
- Day 8 Linz
- After a night sail, you'll wake up in the city of Linz in Upper Austria. Head ashore for a walking tour and explore thisattractive town withits large town square andhistoric buildingsincluding the Old Cathedraland Mozarthaus.Then, it's back to the ship to prepare for our night sail to Engelhartszell.
- Day 9 Engelhartszell UK
- You will wake up in Engelhartszell this morning where you will disembark the ship before travelling back to Munich for your return flight to the UK.