Discover Toronto’s fantastichighlights and the magic of Niagara Falls of this wonderful winter break.
- Return flights from Gatwick with Air Transat
- 5 nights in great quality hotels plus 1 night in flight
- Welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Day 1 UK – Toronto
- Today you'll fly to Toronto, Canada's largest city. On arrival, we will transfer you to yourcentrally located hotel and the rest of the day is yours to spend at leisure.
There are bars and restaurants within easy reachif you want to head out for a stroll and the famous Eaton Centre is justathree minute walk from the hotel- home toover 250 outlets.
- Day 2 Toronto
- We'll explorethe fantastic city ofToronto today.BeginningattheCN Tower, you'llget your bearings andenjoyspectacular panoramicviewsof the city, Toronto Island and Lake Ontario.
Once you've seen the city from above, it's time for a sightseeing tour on the ground.
You'll visitthe Ontario Parliament building, City Hall and see the Rogers Centre home of the Blue Jays baseball team. It's then onto the city's historicDistillery District, acollection of once-derelict Victorian buildings whichhave been transformed into anarray of invitingshops,galleries and restaurants. There's freetimehere for lunch, shopping andperhaps a visit to a gallery.
In December,Toronto's Christmas Market takes palce in the Distillery District, complete with glittering festive lights and the city's largest outdoor ice rink. Forthose visiting inJanuary, theamazing Toronto Light Festival takes place here.
- Day 3 Toronto – Niagara Falls
- After time for a leisurely breakfast,we'll transfer to one of Canada's most famous attractions – Niagara Falls. The falls are a spectacular sight at any time, but winter adds an extra touch of magicwhen spray blankets nearby trees and lamp posts,freezing to create a glittering world of ice. Enjoy time to explore this natural wonder at leisure. You could go on a thrilling 'Journey Behind the Falls', or take an optional helicopter ride for a spectacular view from the air.
The Winter Festival of Lightsruns from November to midJanuary, and during this time colourful lights and animated displays decorate the area close to the falls, sodepending on your date of travel, you may be able to head out tonight to see the falls spectacularly lit.
- Day 4 Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Today we'll soak up even more beauty on our visit toNiagara-on-the-Lake, known as one of the 'loveliest towns in Canada'. The area is also known for its wines, in particular icewine, which ismade from grapes that have frozen naturally on the vine. We'll take a tour of lakefront vineyards andlearn aboutNiagara's wine-making heritagebefore enjoying a tasting.
Back at the hotel, you've another chance to admire the view of thefalls at night.
- Day 5 Niagara Falls – Toronto
- We'll head back to Toronto today and after checking into thehotel, the day is yours to explore as you wish.
Toronto is a city that's well prepared for wintry conditions, with a huge network of underground walkwaysknown as 'The Path', which linkthe downtown shoppingand entertainment districts. You might choose to head to St LawrenceMarket, one of the best food marketsin the world, or maybe head to an art gallery or museum.
Those interested in Canada's history might wish to join anoptional excursionto Casa Loma. You'llview one of North America's only castles, now a well-preserved museum,and gain a fascinating insight into the life of wealthy members of Canadian society in the years preceding World War One.
Tonight,if the fixtures are in your favour, you might opt to see the Toronto Marlies in action the city's ice hockey team plays at the Ricoh Coliseum.
- Day 6 Toronto – UK
- We'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Day 7 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.