Travel to the Arctic Circle and search for the Northern Lights on this thrilling winter adventure.
- Return flights from Gatwick with NorwegianAirlines
- 4 nights in a 3-star hotel
- 6 meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and welcome drink
- All highlights included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and SpecialistLocal Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Day 1 UK – Troms
- Depart on your flight to Troms. This lively city sits in a wonderful position, surrounded by blue fjords and majestic mountains. It is the perfect base from which to explore the region in the company of your Tour Manager.
- Day 2 Troms
- Troms is famous for its midnight sun during thesummer and dark polar nights in winter. Join yourLocal Guide and discover the city's best sights today,including a photostop at the spectacular ArcticCathedral, designed to resemble an iceberg. You'll alsovisit the Polaria Museum where you can learn aboutthe marine life of the Arctic and admire the beardedseals which live here. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure toexplore further at your own pace. This evening, you'llhead to the Troms Wilderness Camp where you willslip into a special cold-weather suit and boots ready foryour exciting included husky sledding excursion.As your husky-driven sleigh glides rapidly throughthe snowy landscape, keep your eyes peeled for theamazing Aurora Borealis, more commonly knownas the Northern Lights. Troms is at the heart ofthe Northern Lights zone, making it one of the bestplaces in the world to view this spectacular, naturalphenomenon, which is causedwhen electrically charged particles from the sun enter the Earth's atmosphere. Be sure to keep your fingers crossed for a sighting, and if they do appear,your Local Guide will be on hand to provide hints and tips on how to capture the perfect picture as the colours dance across the sky.
Later, you will arrive at a lavvu dwelling -a traditional Samidwelling which looks similar to a Native Americantepee -where youwill enjoy a traditional Sami meal around a roaringfire. If conditions are right, you'll have plenty moreopportunities to see the Northern Lights tonight asyou won't return to your hotel until late.
- Day 3 Camp Tamok
- After breakfast youll head to Camp Tamok, where youll spend a full day with your Sami hosts as they introduce you to their fascinating culture. Enjoy a thrilling ride on a reindeer sled through the park plus learn the art of lasso throwing an essential skill for Sami reindeer herders. After the mornings adventures, relax in the lavvu. Here, youll be served a warming lunch, have the chance to admire Sami handicrafts and hear traditional folk tales.
- Day 4 Troms – at Leisure
- Today is free for you to explore Troms and thesurrounding area. Why not sample the local specialityof Mack beer, which is brewed in the world'snorthernmost brewery.
- Day 5 Troms/UK
- Today you'll transfer to the airport for your flight backto the UK.