Known as ‘the Pearls of the Mediterranean’, the UNESCO-protected Aeolian Islands offer stunning coastline, unique landscapes and two active volcanoes. These natural wonders go hand in hand with gastronomic delights on this unforgettable cruise to five of the islands aboard a traditional gulet.
- Return flights from Gatwick with easyJetor British Airways
- 7 nights in a double-bed or twin-bedcabin on a traditional gulet boat
- 18 meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Exclusively chartered by Travelsphere
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- The services of a Cruise Manager
- Day 1 UK/Catania
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Catania. On arrival, enjoy a stroll in the beautiful city of Taormina before we transfer you to Capo d'Orlando late afternoon. This is where you'll board your gulet, a traditional Turkish motor yacht crafted from wood. After time to settle into your cabin, enjoy a welcome cocktail and find out more about your cruise at a special presentation. You'll then set sail across the cobalt-blue sea to Vulcano one of the seven inhabited volcanic Aeolian Islands off the northern shore of Sicily.
- Day 2 Vulcano
- Your exploration begins in Vulcano, which is dominated by an active volcano. It's also known as the 'Sulphur Island' and is celebrated for its therapeutic mud baths and hot springs. Why not wallow in the bubbling sulphurous waters or simply relax on the dramatic black-sand beach. Then you'll sail along the famous Grotta del Cavallo, one of the largest in Sicily. Why not enjoy a swim close to the Piscina di Venere, or 'bathing pool of Venus', a natural rock-fringed pool. This evening is free for you to dine in a restaurant of your choice in Vulcano.
- Day 3 Panarea
- You'll spend the morning cruising around Panarea, the smallest and most fashionable island in the archipelago, with its large rocky ridges at Basiluzzo and Lisca Bianca. Maybe rent one of the electric cars and visit the magnificent Cala Junco cove, with its rock-strewn beach and aquamarine waters. From here you could walk to the nearby prehistoric village, which was only discovered in the 1940s and houses 20 small huts thought to date back centuries. In the afternoon, stroll around the island's shops and perhaps pick up some locally-made souvenirs.
- Day 4 Stromboli
- Today you have some free time to discover Stromboli's small village. In its central square you'll find the pretty Church of San Vincenzo and a terrace offering panoramic views of the volcano. Then you'll cruise around the island to Strombolicchio, a rock off the coast with a lighthouse on its summit. In the evening you'll dine on board the gulet and later your entertainment comes in the form of Stromboli's 'trail of fire'. With a bit of luck you should be able to admire the majesty of this true wonder of nature with its continuous eruptions.
- Day 5 Salina
- Today we cruise to the island of Salina, the greenest of the 'Seven Sisters', known for its famous sweet Malvasia wine, which is exported all over the world. We'll visit the beautiful bay of Pollara, where the opening scene of the award-winning 1994 movie 'Il Postino' was filmed. You could even take a coach journey to the pretty village of Lingua with its whitewashed houses, where you can visit Alfredo's Bar for a granita.
- Day 6 Lipari
- Your destination today is Lipari, the capital of the archipelago. You'll have the chance to spend some time at the famous Spiaggia Bianca and during free time in the old town centre, perhaps visit the Cathedral of San Bartolo and the archaeological museum, which contains finds from all over the islands, including a collection of Greek theatrical masks. Alternatively, you may prefer to browse the shops. This evening has been left free for you to enjoy dinner in one of Lipari's restaurants.
- Day 7 Lipari & Capo d'Orlando
- Today you'll head to the faraglioni, impressive rock formations lying off the coast, and stop at the beautiful pebble beach of Valle Muria. Lined with colourful volcanic rocks and lapped by crystal-clear waters, it's a great place for a swim.
- Day 8 Catania/UK
- Enjoy breakfast before disembarking your gulet. We'll then transferyou to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
Please note: The menu on board will be fixed and based on fish dishes.
Embarkation taxes are not included, and 55 per person will be paid locally.
The itinerary may change according to sea and weather conditions.
You will sail aboard a gulet, not a conventional cruise ship, therefore facilities are different to those found on a larger ship. Most moorings are at anchor, requiring access to a motorised rubber dinghy, reached by climbing over the side of the boat. It may also be necessary to use a small tender to enjoy some swims featured in the itinerary. We want you to get the most from your holiday with us, so please be advised that this tour requires a good degree of physical fitness and is not suitable for anyone with limited mobility.