Admire Venice’s unique highlights, from St Mark’s Cathedral to the Doge’s Palace, and venture beyond this iconic floating city to discover a host of lesser-known gems, including historic Padua and the beautiful islands of Murano and Burano.
- Return flights from Heathrowwith Bristish Airways
- 4 nights on board 4-star MS Michelangelo
- 11 meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners and all drinks (excluding Champagne and selected wines)
- All excursions included
- Cruise Representativeand Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Captain’s welcome cocktail reception
- Farewell gala dinner
- Onboard evening entertainment
- Day 1 UK/Venice
- You will depart on your scheduled flight to Venice today. On arrival you will board your ship. Settle into your comfortable cabin before enjoying dinner and meeting the crew at a Captain's welcome cocktail reception on board.
- Day 2 Venice
- Get to know Venice more on today's guided tour of the city, which takes in some of its many cultural and architectural highlights. Your tour will begin in St Mark's Square, where you can discover its crowning glory, the stunning St Mark's Cathedral, before continuing to the Doge's Palace. An alternative shore excursion today gives you the chance to learn about one of the most famous lovers in history, Casanova. This tour takes you to all his haunts, including churches and castles. In the afternoon you'll discover some of the nearby islands in the company of a Local Guide on a relaxing boat trip. First you'll head to the island of Murano, which is famous the world over for its glassmaking. Next stop on your boat tour is Burano, known for the lovely lace that is produced here. Return to your ship to enjoy an evening of excellent onboard entertainment, followed by an overnight stay in this unique city.
- Day 3 Venice
- Today we visit a gondola workshop and learn all the secrets of this art directly from the master artisans. Afterwards, we'll visit a Venetian Carnival mask-making workshop, before we cruise the through the lagoon. The afternoon has been left free for you to explore more at your own pace if you wish. Alternatively, why not take a seat in a local caf and watch the world go by.
- Day 4 -Padua
- Cruise across the magnificent Venetian Lagoon again and joining the tour of Padua. On this tour you'll explore the city on foot, taking in its medieval marketplaces and the Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua a fascinating Roman Catholic church that serves as a place of pilgrimage for people visiting from all over the world. Back on board the ship, enjoy a memorable gala evening.
- Day 5 Venice/UK
- After breakfast, it's time to disembark and transfer to the airport for your return flight back to the UK.